Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wild weekend

Ok, so the title is way fancier than my reality.  But  my weekend was nice.  Dinner with some friends and a rousing game of Apples to Apples.  Yesterday, we went to Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, Walmart...Woo, that's excitement right there folks.  Ran in to an incedibly grumpy old man at Home Depot.  We kind of take up an aisle when we're out en masse.  But instead of saying excuse me, he says "watch out kids and get out of the way."  GRRR.  Mama bear calm it down.  I just said to my kids, please move over here so that man can get by....well, the home depot worker walks up and asks him if he needs help and OH BOY!  It reminded of another quite simple truth:

You choose each and every day how you WILL be when your older. 

I say choose to be happy.  Age is no excuse for rudeness, hear what I am saying? 

Today I apparently became a nester.  Way past that time, but I never did "nest" during my pregnancies.  Oh how I wish I would have blogged during my pregnancies.  I have a lot more sass then.  A LOT.  And my dreams....oh how fun they are...

I actually did post some of them to my Twin mom's message board, and I am going to put them here!  I hope you enjoy!
Dream 1:6/15/11
I dreamt that I had to have a c-section and that they got the spinal in on the first go round, but then I wouldn't go numb...so all the Dr's and nurses left me ALONE in the operating room...and I was in labor...so I delivered the baby by myself and then just as the baby came out the DR's came and took the baby and the one was all congrats it's a boy and they showed me him and I was all "oh he looks like elijah, same cheeks etc" and then the baby smiled at me and said "I am Elijah"

Dream 2: 2/24/11
Seriously, I'll be straight up before this pregnancy is over.

I had a dream that I was at the hospital, completely HUGELy pregnant (so that was good) and I was attempting a VBAC and the nurse was very hateful and said I wasn't progressing fast enough, so she was going to give me pitocin. I put up a stink and told her no because I was a VBAC, she huffed out and said she's getting the DR, so she comes back in all smug and says she's going to give it to me.

I told her I was refusing the meds and not to touch me. Jason had to jump over the bed to keep her from giving it to me in my IV and then I went running down the hall crying for my OB...and they were all chasing after me...

Dream 3: 7/17/11 This was the last I remember from before Levi was born:
This has been a recurring dream and I pray that it does NOT actually happen this way...

I've been dreaming that my water breaks in the middle of church.

And I get up to walk out and Pastor Mike stops me to pray for me....which in theory would be cool, but I would DIE of embarassment if my water broke at church and someone else had to clean it up...

I'm thinking I should start carrying resolve and a towel in the car...

Luckily, my water did NOT break at church.  It broke at the hospital.  I thought I wet myself.  LOL.  Well, thanks for following me on a short and bizarre trip down memory lane.  This is my post partum nesting and nostalgia. 

Maybe tomorrow's blog will stay in the present.  Until then, happy nesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment