Monday, January 9, 2012

Dipping my toes in...

So.  Hi.  Hey there.  It's time.  I'm going to do this blog thing and I'm going to be good at it.  Maybe.  In 2012, I'm going to make the time to journal, blog, whine, vent, laugh, celebrate and  any other thing I can think of here.  I don't really have anything specific to speak of today.  So I'll ramble a bit.

I'm 98% certain I do a decent job at parenting.  But it's tough.  These little people that run around my house, interupt my sleep and, for some inexplicable reason, occupy my space in the bathroom, depend on me.  Trish as their mom today, WHO as their therapist tomorrow?

I can't do a perfect job, but I pray about it a lot.  Because I can't do any of it without God.  I'm just his hands here, an imperfect pair at that, but he is the perfect parent.  I figure if I remember that, my kids might turn out to be real people after all.

Speaking of God, I forewarn you all that I will be posting a lot about my spiritual journey this year.  Love it, Like it or Loathe it.  It's my quest to sound out my beliefs this year.  It's hard and scary.  Because I'm a sinner.  I fail in so many ways everyday.  My past is part of me, some I'm proud of, some I'm not.  It's hard to make permanent changes when people you know and love can point out how you used to be...and to be honest, I'm just me.  My personality is the same, I am just trying to make a better me.  And I can only do that by faith.   But I'll have questions, statements and randomness. 

And then, you'll hear  me talk about marriage, missing my sisters(and you too Jesse), being sick, being tired, exercising (yep, I'm on a mission)  Anyway, I hope you'll join me.  Encourage me.  Question me.  Support me.  Love me. 

Holla back y'all.

8 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Keep 'em coming! Include some of your favorite recipes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post - I will be following...if I can figure out how to do that. Otherwise, I'll just bookmark you. I've got that one down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be following from across the water. It might even inspire me to journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, girl!!! Keep it up. I'll be following:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you, Trish, and excited to witness your journey! LOVE that you're keepin' it real!

    ReplyDelete