Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some 'splaining to do.

I thought maybe I should explain my blog title.  If anyone cares.  *winkwink*  Ok, so when I first got pregnant with Ava and Sophia, I found a website: Twins Magazine Message Board (herein referred to as TMMB) I joined a BMT (birth month thread) We all needed a user name and every combination of Trisha and Jason were taken, and in my seriously shocked brain, the username Inshockmom was born.  It turned out to be doubly appropriate when 2 years later I was told I was having twins again.  What are the odds?  By the way, I was fully prepared to have twins again, so I was actually shocked when Levi was a singleton.

Moving onto the next part:

rev·e·la·tion: something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.

rev·o·lu·tion:  a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, especially one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence. *Like becoming a parent.  LOL!

re·pro·duc·tion: the natural process among organisms by which new individuals are generated and the species perpetuated.

Or, my personal favorite from Urban dictionary.com:

Reproduction:

1. when two beings come together to make a smaller, louder, and more annoying being that will eventually grow up to do the same thing -perpetuating a disgusting and neverending cycle of filth.
2. something ugly people should never find out about.

Seriously, tell me you aren't laughing! 

As I sit here trying to type this, 3 of my smaller, louder and more annoying beings are, well, being louder and more annoying!   Elijah desperately must get his socks on now!  Right NOW!  Oh and he needs apple juice stat!  Tessa is freaking out cause Rio needs to be on the DVD player like yesterday.  Levi is chatting, happily, at full volume.  "Look, ma, see what I can do!"  And my sweet Ava is at school. 

My older, more annoying being is home today!  Yay, but he's outside and on the phone with housing.  Our tot lot (aka playground) next to our house is being redone, and they apparently, unleashed a bee's nest.  Bee's EVERYWHERE!  Buzz off, eh?

More apple juice.  More apple juice.  Mooooooooooooooom, I need Rio on.  Mommy said!  Mommy said!!!  I just know I have more ramblings.  But it will have to wait until later.  My mini reprodutions call.  

2 comments:

  1. Trisha, i am so proud of you for taking out time to do this! As a mom of 6 i totally respect that, and know you value your time! On that note; I am sooo jazzed to follow your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete