Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sleepless in San Diego!

Sleepless in San Diego!  No it's not a cheesy romantic comedy, but sometimes it comes close.  Definetly a SITCOM in the making at my house.  Last night was a miserable night of sleep (or should I say sleeplessness???)  I fell asleep at 11, up at 1115 with the main man (Levi) back to bed at 1230 am, up again at 1248 am, YES I looked at the alarm clock.  I was feeling very confused.  Tessa climbs into bed.  Wiggles all over the place.  Settles on the "Sideways sleep" and proceeds to kick me ad nauseum.  Hello 0145.  Ava screaming wakes me, I run out the door and stub my foot on a toy.  I don't know which one or it would be dead to me.  Dead, you hear?  It was metal and it jammed between my pinkie toe and the door frame.  Awesome sauce!  Get Ava situated and back down...UM...NOPE!  Back up at 0215 with Ava.  So in order to preserve SOME sleep, I take Ava and her toys and make her a bed on the floor next to my bed.  After that I was up randomly throughout the night as Tessa the sleeping circus act perfected her high kicks and spins.  Hello 6 am.  Time to get up everyone. 

It was crazy hair day at Ava's school, soooo there was some arguing about how exactly her hair needed to be crazy.  Geesh.  The drama of an almost 6 year old girl. 

Aside from sleep deprevation, it was a pretty good day.  My kids tell me some pretty hilarious things everyday.  EVERYDAY.  Elijah told me out of the blue that sometimes he dumps a lot of food out of his butt.  Good to know, eh?  As I still wipe his butt, I know that this is indeed a true statement of fact.  Levi pooped out of his pants and onto Jason's jeans while we were running errands today.  Hilarious...because it wasn't me!  Tessa had a major meltdown over ice cream and everyone in the US of A was staring at me like I was a horrible mean mother.  I just smiled. 

Anybody want to hear more of our "orders trauma?"  We're technically still on the chopping block for Korea, but the detailer thinks it will be denied.  Then possibly, DC or SC. I'm game for whatever, I just need to know.  I don't like living in Limbo.

At any rate, it's time to pare down our belongings.  We hold on to too much stuff.  Not "Hoarders: Buried Alive" or anything like that, but stuff we don't use. 

I keep hearing "you've got mail" in my head.  Guess that's what I get for titleing this "Sleepless in San Diego"  HAHAHA.  Maybe someone should email me a love letter.  Ahem, Jason J Perry. 

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!!  Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy!! 

My bed is calling to me.  Goodnight friends.  Happy sleeping!

2 comments:

  1. the stepping on toys in the middle of the night is the worst. Legos, I am looking at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL because its not me otherwise i would be crying out loud..haha...i love you and your honesty. hope tonight everyone stays in bed and sleeps! p.s. if you are getting rid of anything..call me..we need stuff to fill out new home:) i hope you stay put in sd, but that wish also lives in the land of ice cream being good for me and my kids never scream. i can hope right?

    ReplyDelete